French Broad Adventures
FBA is Asheville's premier outdoor adventure company for whitewater rafting, ziplining, and canyoneering. As long-time clients of Status Forward, FBA shared their plans to unveil their new course offering, seeking the best advice on including this on the website. Conversations revealed many additional opportunities for improved accessibility, mobile display, and user experience. As a result, all stakeholders decided it was a good time for a complete redesign.
Using an object-oriented user experience process, the improvements made to the user experience reduce confusion, prepare visitors, and streamline bookings.
- The updated navigation menu lets users see the activity options quickly and allows for growth. They can quickly find a package to save money, purchase gift cards, find seasonal offerings, and learn about group reservations.
- Details about trips are stored as filterable metadata so users can easily find a trip that interests them.
- A new locations section ensures a trip is mapped correctly to a meeting location, helping visitors find where they need to show up.
- Relevant FAQs now appear on appropriate activities for search engine optimization and the global FAQs page, so that customer service can quickly reference all FAQs from one place.
- Their new service offering, instruction, is now available in the main navigation.
- With proper labeling, alt tagging, and minor color adjustments, the website passes accessibility tests with zero errors or contrast issues.
- With 65% of visitors viewing the website on mobile, the mobile view was designed with intention, making it much easier and clear to use.
- I added schema markup to critical areas of the site for more optimal search results and display.