Asheville Bee Charmer
Asheville Bee Charmer is a destination for anyone visiting Asheville, NC, and has become a staple ingredient in many kitchens. ABC started as a brick-and-mortar, offering its renowned Honey Tasting Bars, but quickly realized there was a demand to reach a wider audience. Earlier renditions of their website provided only essential information and limited product offerings. They were ready for a new website strategy that bolstered the user experience and created a more robust shopping experience while also highlighting what visitors experience when visiting the stores.
Using an object-oriented user experience process, improvements to the new website encourage users to explore and experience the brand while helping them find products quickly and intuitively.
- Analytics drives the strategy behind what product categories to highlight in the top menu and the user's journey in seeking out specific products.
- The categories were simplified and labeled in a way relatable to visitors entering the store, connecting with their mental models.
- Users can quickly access larger groups of products for browsing or narrowing their search via subcategories or the search option.
- Easy access to their best sellers appears directly in the menu to make it easy for return visitors to get in and out quickly.
- As advocates in the beekeeping and local community, the Learn section provides a glimpse of who Asheville Bee Charmer is and offers an easy-to-access resource library of articles, recipes, and events.
- Quick access to location information such as address and phone numbers.